Growing up with 5 siblings, the idea of sibling rivalry was always thriving. If we were headed to the lake it was who could ‘cut’ on a slalom ski the best. If it was outside weeding it was who could pull the longest root. So when my older brother Robb challenged me to the Spudman Triathlon in Burley Idaho, I knew I could not back down. What’s on the line you ask? First and most importantly of all, PRIDE. Secondly, a 6 pack of glass bottle root beer (We’re Mormon what’d you expect?).
So today I thought we would kick off the rivalry with top 5 reasons that we will be beating each other. Please, read this with a hint of sarcasm and sweet sibling rivalry love in mind.
5 Reasons Robb will lose:
- Robb is old. The only way he can make it through the race is if he takes at least 3 bathroom stops.
- His training has been bike based, whereas mine has been running based. Running ALWAYS wins.
- His arrogance will be his demise.
- Robb will be running on little twig spindles for legs that could snap at any moment.
- The race does not provide Ensure which will likely throw him off his regular schedule.
5 Reasons Stacie WILL get beat:
- Stacie just had a baby and is in the worst shape of her life right now.
- Her arrogance will be her demise.
- Because I really, really want to beat her.
- My training has been biking based, which is 65% of the race, and her training wheels will slow her down.
- Stacie is at a disadvantage because she just found out she can’t use her arm floaties on the swim portion.
May the favorite child WIN!