Chocolate Avocado Fruit Dip
It's not very often that the words chocolate and avocado are used together. So when I came across this recipe in Runner's World I was a little skeptic. However, upon making it I found that you could not taste the avocados, and the dip was rich in flavor. My 3 year old and 1 year old absolutely loved it! If you want it extra smooth and creamy simply leave it in your food proccesor a little bit longer! Avocado's are a great substitute or 'add in' for any recipe. Avocado's are full of antioxidants that fight inflammation, vitamin E, vitamin B, as well as in copper and zinc (just to name a few). They also lower the amount of LDL cholesterol which clog arteries! Dare I call it, a miracle food? I think so!
Write a review
- 2 Avocados
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Finely blend 2 ripe avocados,
- add 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder,
- 1/2 C. honey,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla,
- Blend well and serve with fruit! This can also be used as a frosting.
- Avocado's can be used a substitute for butter, margarine or sour cream.
- Avocados should be stored at room temperature until ripe, then place them in the fridge. To speed up ripening, place them in a paper bag.
At Race Pace http://www.atracepace.com/