Avocado Chicken Bruschetta
This recipe is an absolute MUST to make. I had someone come up to me the other day and tell me that this recipe was better than the bruschetta they recently had one of Utah's finest restaurants. It's colorful, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion! Enjoy!
Write a review
- ½ loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 boiled chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½" rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
- Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, chicken, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve. Serves 12-15
At Race Pace http://www.atracepace.com/